[TYPO3-windows] [Typo3-windows] imagemagick+ghostscript.

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder t3 at boswel-remove-me.de
Sun Feb 5 15:22:27 CET 2006

Nick Weisser wrote:
> I just installed Ghostscript and ImageMagick, but with regard to step
> 3 I have a problem.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a path variable for ghostscript anywhere in
> the delegates.mgk file.
>
> What exactly do you mean by reflecting ghostscript's installation
> paths?

well, there are several settings to be considered when using IM along with
GS.
IM uses a so-called "delegate file" to delegate file (*SIC*) handling of
known files to external programs (you know that already).

if you type SET in your windows shell, something like this should appear:

C:\>set
[...]
DELEGATE_PATH=F:\tools\ImageMagick\
Path=F:\tools\gs8.14\bin;%PATH
[...]

DELEGATE_PATH points to your IM's delegate file called "delegate.mgk".
within delegate.mgk you should find lines like these

[...]
pdf<=>ps
 gswin32 -dMaxBitmap=300000000 -sDEVICE=pswrite -q -dNOPAUSE -dSAFER \
   -sOutputFile="%o" -- "%i" -c quit
[...]

"gswin32" is the binary responsible for converting PDF's to PS's (and
vice-versa).

now, the executable gswin32 (reads "gswin32.exe") must be found.
you may either hardcode the full path for every occurence of gswin32 to for
example F:\tools\gs8.14\bin\gswin32.exe (bad) or add the GS bin folder to
your %PATH% (better, like i have done in the above example).
if you don't wan't to poisen your %PATH%, another option would be to set the
environment variable GS or GSC to

GS=F:\tools\gs8.14\bin\gswin32.exe
GSC=F:\tools\gs8.14\bin\gswin32.exe

restart apache (!) and everything should be OK.

cheers,

rainer