[Typo3-windows] symlinks in windows

Darko Kalevski kdarko at unet.com.mk
Wed Dec 14 13:23:20 CET 2005

Rainer Sudhoelter wrote:
> AFAIK, hardlinks are the only ones allowed by NTFS...
>

>>whats your take on this? can you verify that if you delete some file from
>>the new dev site, it wont get deleted in the source?
>

> actually, they do get deleted...

doesnt make much sense, but if it is only way on NTFS then I guess that
is: "TYPO3 uses symlinks to offer a much easier management of future
maintenance and upgrades. With symlinks your are able to install the
TYPO3 core once and point to it from every new website you create. That
way as soon as a new version of the TYPO3 core is out you simply upgrade
the core and all the websites are upgraded at the same time."

and, for the note, deletion goes like this:
junction -d typo3_src
and all is well ;-)

darko