Windows XP EULA (was: RE: [Typo3-windows] Install)

Joel Finkel finkel at sdi.com
Fri Jun 20 07:10:01 CEST 2003

Michael,

First of all, I want to be clear that I am not trying to defend Microsoft,
but simply trying to explain what I think they are doing.

They have positioned XP Professional as a networked workstation OS.  It is
not a server.  The EULA reflects this.  Their various Server offerings are
positioned to provide the higher functionality.

I suppose a strict interpretation would read this as meaning that no more
than 10 computers could be connected via TCP/IP because the TCP/IP stack is
a "service" of the "Product."

You could still legally use it to run a development environment that would
not be subject to more than 10 connections at one time.

/Joel