[Typo3-windows] Backup

Patrick Gaumond patrick.gaumond at fsa.ulaval.ca
Tue Jul 22 04:51:02 CEST 2003

To backup MySQL use the mysqldump.exe software provided with MySQL.

What we're doing right now:

1- Wrote a batch file consisting of this single line:

C:\apache\mysql\bin\mysqldump --u username --password=pswd --opt t3_mydatabase > \\otherNTmachine\Typo3db\backup_t3_mydatabase.sql

2- Copy the entire c:\apache\httdocs\myT3site\
(or as Nigel wrote you can just copy those: /fileadmin, /typo3, /typo3conf, /typo3temp, /uploads)

3- Run that batch from "Scheduled Tasks" every night or just the SQL twice a day and the directories at night. Our 9megs SQL dump take less than 10 seconds to generate. Backup often sleep well !

Another possibility is to generate the SQL in the directory TYPO3 check when it look to import a database.
Usually: C:\apache\httdocs\myT3site\typo3conf\backup_t3_myT3site.sql Then it will be visible from the install tool of T3.

And then copy the entire C:\apache\httdocs\myT3site\ directory somewhere.

Patrick