[TYPO3-UG UK] Looking for UK TYPO3 hosting

Simon Child simondt at gpuk.net
Tue Jun 6 16:15:10 CEST 2006

Any good tips for UK based hosting?

Need to be TYPO3 friendly, need to have UK registered IP address (so as to
get into google.co.uk rankings for "sites in the UK"**).

I suppose there are two questions:

1. Any good shared hosting packages out there with enough power to run TYPO3
(not a very busy site, but 300 pages and quite a few linked documents), and
a UK registered IP address.

2. Any recommendations for dedicated hosting that is reliable but won't
break the bank?

Qu 1 is more relevant if I just move one site from my current host in USA.
Qu 2 is more relevant if I decide to move all my sites to a new host in UK.

Either way need to look out for UK companies outsourcing their hosting, e.g.
1and1.co.uk servers are in Germany, and some others are partnered with US
companies so their IP addresses may well be registered there.

[** This is what I am looking at:
http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/webmasters/faq.html#country - my site has a
non-geographic domain name, .org, and I don't want to change it]

Thanks

--
Simon Child