[Typo3-UG UK] typo3 and international standards (W3C, Accessibility Standards)

Adrian Yeeles a.yeeles at synergy-communications.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 10:44:04 CET 2005

Hello Corrado

The short answer to your questions is "Yes, to everything".

We, and other Typo3 agencies such as NetEfficiency, have built several sites
to the standards you mention.

It is trivial to get Typo3 to output valid (x)html by pre-processing the
code with HTML Tidy.

Valid css is down to you, since Typo3 merely serves stylesheets written by
you. (You may need to check and tweak certain extension stylesheets though).

And, depending on the configuration settings you make in the Back End, you
can ensure your clients are forced to stick to the standards ­ though you'd
be amazed how hard they make it some times ;-]

Finally, there are issues with the accessibility of the Back End. Then
again, this is undoubtedly true of all major cms's.

> Dear friends,
>
> we are extremely interested in generating websites that are
> compliant with international standards, in particular W3C
> (X)HTML, W3C CSS, Accessibility Standards, as  Section 508,
> WAI.
>
> How does typo3 manage compliancy with standards?
>
> In particular:
>
> 1) If the templates are compliant with the above mentioned
> standards, are the generated pages compliant with the same
> standards?
>
> 2)Is there a way to force compliancy with international
> standards, so that the content added by users is formatted
> in a way that is compliant with the standards?
>
> 3) Is there a way to force users to use only tag structure
> compliant with any of the above mentioned standards
> (including forbidding the use of non compliant / deprecated
> tags, properties, attributes, structures)?
>
> 4)Is there a way to force typo3 to reformat pages in order
> for them to be compliant with any of the above mentioned
> standards?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Corrado

regards

Adrian

Adrian Yeeles
Technical Director

Synergy
250-252 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7EB
telephone 020 7251 0303
fax 020 7251 0323
http://www.synergy-communications.co.uk

Smart thinking and design for web, print, campaigns and brands

The information in this email is confidential and for the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender and delete
from your mailbox. Opinions expressed in this email are those of the
sender and not necessarily the company.