[Typo3-UG UK] menu problems - previous post didn't show up

Richard Cleverley richard at ictechinformatique.com
Sun Jan 2 00:06:28 CET 2005

Hi, I am trying to create some menus but am having a few problems. Can
anyone help.

I have three menus:  Author's menu , Section menu, Relevant articles menu

basically what I trying to do is to display an author's menu. While I have
this done, I also want to do the following:
a) if an article's author isn't specified, the author menu box won't appear
on the page
b) any articles already listed in the section menu box won't appear in the
author's menu box
c) If the number of articles by the author is higher than ten then the first
ten will be displayed in the menu and there will be a 'more' link which will
link to the rest of the articles.

I also want to make sure that any articles that appear in the section and
author's menus aren't duplicated in the relevant articles menu that I have.

I am sure that this can be done in Typoscript but am having problems.

Thanks

Richard