[Typo3-UG UK] Admin Rights

Dominic Stockdale dom at 3ev.com
Tue Oct 5 15:31:57 CEST 2004

>> I am having a problem with allocating admin rights to a front end user.

Make sure you're actually making backend users rather than front end as
there's a big difference. Front end users are just web site users i.e.
they just get assigned access to certain pages that type of thing.

>> I have created the user and can login to the front end.
>>
>> Problem.
>> how do I switch on the admin panel for user's once they are logged in so
>> that they can edit the front end.

This is just for backend users. You need to create a backend user group
as well really for them to belong too. In TSConfig you can set exactly
what bits of the admin panel they get as well.

>> I can switch on the admin panel and it works fine but this appears on
>> the site even if the user is not logged in.

That's probably because you're logged in.

>> Maybe someone can point me to a tutorial

Trying to find it somewhere. I'll stick it up here if I come accross it.

If you look at the testsite or quickstart packages they're examples
already setup in there, should help you.

-Dom