[Typo3-UG UK] Typo3 3.6.1 does not allow frontend edit?

Dominic Stockdale dom at 3ev.com
Tue Jun 22 12:58:13 CEST 2004

Maidment, Paul wrote:
> I have just installed Typo3 3.6.1 under IIS on my Windows XP development
> machine. I have found that the 'Pencil' icon is no longer available by
> default, is this normal? Can it be enabled?

Depends what package you've got installed but you can enable all these
things in TSConfig. It's perfectly normal not to have them. Have a look
at the tsconfig doc for some ideas.

<http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_tsconfig/ADMPANEL/>

If you put this in the tsconfig of a user's group for instance they'll
just get the pencil icons but there's a lot of other things you can
configure too.

admPanel {
   enable.edit = 1
   module.edit.forceDisplayFieldIcons = 1
   hide = 1
}

For admins you can just add a bit of typoScipt in you template

config.admPanel = 1 and you'll get the whole edit panel where you can
switch these the pencils and other things on and off.

;) dom