[Typo3-UG UK] Installation Question

Al Saleh :: Tedora.com :: a at tedora.com
Wed Feb 18 22:50:15 CET 2004

Hi OLiverier,

Thank you for your reply...

Yes, I have looked at this... however it is not very complete.  For
example... here is the text:

      1-2-3

   1.

      Download  testsite-3.0_FOR_NEWBEES.zip

   2.

      Upload the contents of this file to your PHP4 webserver. Tip: The
      zip-file contains thousands of files, so if you're able to unzip
      the file on the server, better do that!

   3.

      Hit the site with your browser and follow the install tool. The
      install tool will help you to 1) setup MySQL
      username/password/database, 2) dump any default database content
      and 3) check the configuration of your PHP-installation for
      compatibility. This is outlined below.

   4.

      After the install tool, you should seriously consider to protect
      the folder typo3/install/ with a password or simply delete it.

Yet I can not find the TEXTSITE-3.0_For_Newbees.zip on the site...

What I am more concerned about is my question that I asked orginally....
Can I install this program on a hosted web space where the server is
hosting and not directly on my computer...??

Thank you.

Al

Al Saleh | a at tedora.com | Email us both at an at tedora.com

Tedora.com
Send Free Postcards | Chat in the Free Forums
Learn about Photography | Daily Local and International News
Up-to-the-minute Local Weather and Forecasts
_________________________________

The Adventures of Blaze & Mandy - http://chi.tedora.com
Tedora.com - http://www.tedora.com
Learn Photography - http://www.photo-course.com

Visit my Friend's Store! - It's Fantastic - Really!
An Herbal Bliss Tea and Herb
Loose Teas & Herbs, Giftware, Tearoom, Aromatherapy, Natural Body Care
3742 W. 10th Ave. Vancouver, B.C. V6R 2G4
Tel/Fax: (604) 222-8800
http://www.teasandherbs.com <http://www.teasandherbs.com>