[Typo3-UG UK] OT: openoffice.org

Nigel Jackson nigelj at pobox.com
Tue Jul 29 21:19:07 CEST 2003

> I was wondering why openoffice.org keeps asking me to choose a filter in
> order to open the *.swx documentation on typo3.org and then there is no
> way to open it!...

this will only happen if OO doesn't recognise the file format it's
trying to open...it's asking you to choose a filter that it'll use to
open the doc that it doesn't recognise.

How exactly are you trying to open the sxw docs, because, afaik, your
only choices on .org are read online, or download or open the sxw
file...both of the latter should work just fine (they do for me!).

If you download an sxw, does it open in OO when you double-click the
file name in explorer?

> I am running the latest version on my win2000 machine and it is very
> frustrating to be not able to access the documentation (expecially
> TSref!) in that format since i don`t have yet a permanent connection...
> (I still believe things would be easier if the documentation was
> converted in handy, user friendly pdfs..)

if you tell me which docs you want as pdf's, I'll convert them for
you...but they might be quite big!

Nige