[Typo3-UG UK] Uk Lists

Dominic Stockdale dom at 3ev.com
Thu Jul 17 16:52:38 CEST 2003

Hi Alan,

The UK list has literally just started. Our first meeting is to take
place next Thursday the 24th, so you're ahead of the crowd. There's been
a very good response from people in the UK, surprisingly good.

In the near future I think you can expect quite a lot of activity from
UK users, especially in terms of support.

As for where newbies can go for help you're in the right place. The
mailinglist is the place to ask for help - once you've read your way
through the documentation, searched the mailinglist for similar
questions and searched typo3.org ask away. I have to add that clause.

Typo's not difficult it's just enormous and very detailed. You have to
learn quite a lot but there's some very good documentation and tutorials
to get your teeth into. If you haven't already, have a go with the
quickstart package it comes with everything preconfigured and gives you
a good tutorial to work through.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/typo3/quickstart.zip?download

Read the Getting Started Tutorial. Actually all of this is on the front
page of http://typo3.org under Getting Started.

Also you can watch some videos of doing various things with Typo
(probably a bit much to begin with).

http://typo3.org/1407.0.html

The UK usergroup will also be providing a UK support/training at some
point in the future and if you can make it please come along and meet us
on the 24th.

- Dominic