[Typo3-UG UK] Documentation, planning, deligation (and more Typo3-UK meetings?)

dan frost dan at danfrost.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 11:02:08 CEST 2003

I agree - but the problem is that, whereas many of the community agree
that documentation is needed, the effort isn't always coordinated. Which
results in the present state of the documentation.

Something which came out of the group meeting was the idea of workshops
for interested parties, and clients. Client, or course, will want nice
documentation to learn from. And this is the impetus behind the UKUG
setting up a documentation project.

I think we should build documentation around the needs of the user
(group) in the uk - as that's the UKUG's concern. We should also involve
the wider community, but starting small and focused will (i think) make
for a better result.

So, as a kind of plan, I propose we:
- Draw up the wish-list of documentation -- focused on the workshops
- Write up the findings (I can do the first draft, which I'll base on
the meeting, and postings on this and other mailing lists)
- Publish the findings (as a specification - i.e. need to write this
chapter; that chapter...) - on the main mailing lists

Then, the whole community is involved, the UKUG has clear aims for
itself, and the wider community has a clear idea of the needs of users.

(I should perhaps have waited for Dom's meeting write-up...)

dan