[TYPO3-UG US] Upgrading from TYPO3 4.5.16

Keystone Research Solutions Front Desk front.desk at keystone-research-solutions.com
Tue Nov 8 17:14:27 CET 2016

Hello Stewart,

Yes, you can upgrade from TYPO3 4.5, but in increments.

When upgrading from TYPO3 4.5, the community advises upgrading to TYPO3
CMS 6.2 LTS first, before going to TYPO3 CMS 7.6 LTS or later versions. Be
careful that you have requirements such as the newer versions of PHP
itself; and scan the installation notes for breaking changes between your
current version and your goal version. (I got caught by an userFunc change
in one upgrade, and had to revert to a previous version until I could
account for the change. Argh.) If you have nothing more than a plain site
(like the Introductory package), upgrading should be relatively
straightforward.

Upgrade details are on both the TYPO3 wiki and the TYPO3 download pages.
The wiki has a helpful single page for upgrade notes at
https://wiki.typo3.org/Upgrade . On the download page at
https://typo3.org/download/ , you will find upgrade notes buried in the
"Installation instructions and requirements" pages for each version.

Andrew
Keystone Research Solutions