[TYPO3-UG US] Upgrading from TYPO3 4.5.16

Busy Noggin ronslists at busynoggin.com
Wed Nov 2 01:41:36 CET 2016

Hello Stewart,

It is possible, but there are several factors to consider in deciding how to do it. When upgrading you will want to upgrade to TYPO3 7 LTS as TYPO3 6.2 LTS will be out of support in March.

Here are factors that can influence upgrade decisions.
Current template approach. An upgrade decision will depend a lot on your template approach. If you are using TemplaVoila, you will need to move to a different template approach as that extension is no longer supported in TYPO3 7 LTS and beyond.
Redesign horizon. Having a redesign or not in the foreseeable future is an important consideration.
Size of the site. If the site is small and a redesign is needed, sometimes it is easier to build new and manually move content.

Thanks,
Ron Hall
Busy Noggin Digital