[TYPO3-UG US] Re: Typo3 on 1and1

Rick Regan rick at rickregan.net
Mon Oct 13 17:59:45 CEST 2014

I run Typo3 on 1and1 and NetworkSolutions.com hosting. I have done Free mode & Safe mode on 1and1.

If you are a looking for a fast, solid site with minimal custom coding, then Safe mode is fine. They will update your PHP, the SQL-db, etc. Let 1and1 handle it. I just switched back from Free mode to safe mode because I was getting notices of configuration updates needed - that I didn't want to tackle.

As for design work, I don't know what to tell you. Once you get the look and feel that you want Typo3 is really set up to pretty easy to manage the menus, add content and edit things.

By far the hardest thing for me was tweaking the Intro Template into the colors I wanted and adding the logo.
(hint:  the colors & logo are set in the file /fileadmin/default/templates/css/stylesheet.css )

Good luck,
/Rick Regan