[TYPO3-UG US] Typo3 on 1and1

Rico Rico ricoishere at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 20:08:15 CEST 2013

A complete "NOOB, I've never done web design, nor know HTML. But, I have a small business, and do need a good website. WP will NOT do. That being said,I have 1and1 hosting and they provide T3 as one of their web design tools. They have the option to download in "Safe Mode", or "Free Mode".

1)  Free mode is for Advanced users. What are the risks working in the free mode for a Noob working slowly? There is no sensitive data on the site as of yet.

2) I already started a page using the standard template in safe mode. Will the changes I make in safe mode be transferred over to free mode, or will l lose everything?

3) CANNOT locate a business to design a site for me. I've communicated with several, no replies. Any leads?