[TYPO3-UG US] OT: Forms, accessibility (was Drupal vs. TYPO3)

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:15:40 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Michael Cannon <mc at acqal.com> wrote:
> Curiosity here...
>
> Christopher, if TYPO3 is so bad, why are you using it?

Who said TYPO3 is 'so bad'? Please do me the courtesy of reading and
understanding what I actually said and not taking constructive
criticism as some kind of unprovoked, malicious slur.

> If you think that the sr_feuser_register main template should be
> broken into separates like the cal extension, then I'm pretty sure
> Stanislas will be happy to accept your code changes.
>
> With TYPO3, if there's a gripe, there's probably a fix if you're
> willing to do the work and share it back with the community.
>
> Personally, I think setting up a decent RealURL scheme is a pain,
> finally I built cbrealurl and now it takes under 5 minutes to handle.
>
> Furthermore, setting up Powermail, calendar and complex news sites is
> a pain initially as well. However, I've standardized what's to be done
> and can now export the standard into a couple of T3Ds and import into
> another site in 15 minutes. What's taken days in the past is done over
> a cup of tea.
>
> Needless to say in over 20 years of development work, I've learned,
> build for long term maintainability and if you're going to complain,
> please be willing to be a part of the solution.

Why the patronizing attitude? What does ANY of this have to do with this thread?

I identified a number of pluses and minuses of both systems. When
asked for further details about some points I raised, I offered
further details. I don't have the slightest idea what misdemeanor you
imagine I've committed, nor why you should feel it's your role to
rebuke me for it.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/