[TYPO3-UG US] Another Recent Site (CSLR)

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC zach at castironcoding.com
Mon Jun 15 15:40:25 CEST 2009

I like Ron's idea of posting our recent work here, and I'm going to
follow his lead. I'm happy to say that after a three month effort, we
launched a new site for Emory School of Law's "Center for the Study of
Law and Religion" on Friday.

http://cslr.law.emory.edu

The site site is built around a number of custom database records that
store data about publications, people, research projects, events,
webcasts, and news. We wrote a lightweight MVC framework within TYPO3
for this site, mainly because extbase wasn't stable enough when we
started on it, and there are about 30 distinct views and about 10
distinct models. The framework we wrote is carefully integrated into
TYPO3 and follows regular TYPO3 conventions. We wrote it because budget
was a little bit tight on this project, and we needed a way to roll out
new views for the core models quickly and efficiently.

There are a little over 700 publications in the database, which are
tagged and searchable. To get a sense of how interconnected the
different records are, I'd encourage you to click around in the people,
publications, research, and events sections.

We took this project from discovery to design and implementation - we
often don't do the design in-house, but we did on this one, and I'm
pretty happy with the results.

best,
Zach

--