[TYPO3-UG US] A question, please, about copying a page into another page

Ron Hall ron at busynoggin.com
Sat Jan 12 16:07:41 CET 2008

Hi William,

How you would do this depends on whether you are running TemplaVoila.
If not, then you can move multiple items in list view. Actually, yo
can still do this with TV but they will show up as unreferenced and
you will need reference them from "Unused items" on that page.

1) Go to list view on the test page.
2) make sure on the bottom of the page "Show Clipboard" is clicked
3) Click on Clipboard #1, #2  or #3
4) Little checkboxes will show up next to each of the content elements
5) Check the box for each of the elements you want to move.
6) Hit the copy icon at the top of the list
7) This will add each of the items to your clipboard
8) Go to list view of the page into which you want to paste
9) Hit the paste button and all those element will move to the new
page and leave the old page

Some notes:
The is a way to copy the elements instead of moving, see icons on
clipboard
This is also a quick way to delete multiple items. (hit delete icon
instead of copy in step 6
Be sure to click back on "Normal" clipboard when finished to activate it
Play around with this feature to get a handle on it. It is very
powerful but you have to understand its way of operating

Ron Hall
Dallas, Texas

blog: "Adventures in TYPO3" at www.busynoggin.com/blog
web: www.busynoggin.com