[TYPO3-UG US] What should support.typo3.org do?

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sat Dec 1 03:05:19 CET 2007

Michael Cannon wrote:
> I'm interested in a virtual meeting as well.
>
> What's the purpose?

Virtual meetings do need a purpose and agenda or this list will continue
to remain quiet as it has since the spark between 2005-2006 when we
discussed marketing TYPO3.

The core motivator for discussions back then was typo3.us and promoting
TYPO3 to US businesses looking for CMS options.

I'm afraid the bottom line here is money. It's hard to fund development
for an open source project, our companies and compete against other
closed source proprietary CMS without "money".

We still need to viable marketing strategy here in the USA for TYPO3 to
increase its popularity against competing systems like Joomla and
Drupal. We could also go after market share for closed source systems
like Red Dot CMS.

Volunteer efforts have their limitations and do little to fund open
source development in general.

Greg

-----
Mediatech Consulting, Inc.
web: http://www.mediatech.net
Phone : +1 (760) 525-1770 . Fax: +1 (760) 542-1990 . Skype: gremington