[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3.us Project

Kasper SkŒrh¿j kasperYYYY at typo3.com
Tue Sep 26 13:06:34 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

I think you are very right.

a) There has to be a personal incentive for everyone of you to
collaborate and "volunteer" on typo3.us and any other project you run nationally.
b) The mature conclusion probably is, that joining forces will take you
further each of you even if you are competitors - but its an
"investment" people have to believe in.
So, although its kind of weird to admit, I will recommend that you build
your joint efforts not on a moral obligation to contribute to TYPO3 but
because each of you see a benefit it doing so. Otherwise, forget it and
do your own thing everyone...
Also, the ideas of a North American conference is not bad either. Why
not? TYPO3 has a certain european culture that may always feel weird to
you over there, maybe that is what hinders TYPO3s success in USA. Also, if
the manuals are crappy and badly written or what do I know; guess who
could change that... and guess who are the only ones who cares. No one in
europe (except UK) cares a bit if all grammar is right, we wouldn't
know anyway.

Good luck!

- kasper