[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3.us Project

Chris Duffy webmaster at swiftlynx.com
Wed Sep 13 06:20:15 CEST 2006

Hello, All!

I am a full time online course developer for a community college
district. And part-time web developer for a side business of my own.
I want to learn typo3 thoroughly so that I can quit my day job. I see
great potential there. But I am having difficulty learning it. Our
community college [5 colleges with up to 85,000 students] may have
used Typo3 instead of Estrada, which cost a LOT of money, had there
been better documentation. Our office was using Typo3, until forced
into conformity recently.

I would love to help with the effort here, if I knew more. I am
struggling to learn as I go. But I am afraid to set too many clients
up with Typo3, because I cannot afford to pay one of the experts out
there to help me fix it if I break something. Many thanks to Greg
Remmington and the other folks who have replied to my questions along the way.

If you need a newbie to tell you if something you've written is
clear, I'd be happy to help.

Any plans to have a US conference in the near future? Anyone want to
do a small thing in Houston? I would be willing to help set something
up if Houston would be a good location?

Regards,
Chris Duffy