[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3.us Project

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 01:06:25 CEST 2006

Guess I am going to weigh in here, I restrained myself when I read
Jennifer's post, but now, I must chime in. First, from a personal
perspective, I contributed quite a lot of work to the effort, editing and
working manuals into proper English, writing business cases, etc. I have
never seen any of those edits appear anywhere and the same crappy manuals
are still out there and they become more outdated every second. I know, I am
trying to use them. AND the manuals simply SUCK! All I am trying to say is
that people were doing work.

But, suddenly communication from the "leadership" just stopped. I didn't
know what was going on, but it was clear that it was not much. As a
contributor, I needed to hear from the leaders from time to time to know
what needed to be done. This just stopped with no notice. I volunteered for
various things and was never informed when packages were ready to be tested,
new install manuals written, etc. I am busy, too, so time just passed and
passed and passed until I forgot about it.

Volunteer work, particularly leadership efforts like Michelle's is very
difficult and time consuming. Real life always takes priority. I didn't see
the bickering and egos that you are talking about. All I remember is one
relatively minor disagreement between two companies that was resolved. But,
then, I wasn't trying to lead this effort (which I still think is needed),
so maybe I missed all this horrible stuff Jennifer describes, and Michelle
to a lessor extent.

I would like to see this effort work out. It is sorely needed. Someone
should take it over if Michelle is out of the picture. I appreciate what you
have done, Michelle, you got it started and that is big. The question now
is, how will it carry on?

Virgil