[TYPO3-UG US] Solution for mailinglist archive

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Sat Mar 25 10:03:32 CET 2006

Hi Dimitri,

Dimitri Tarassenko wrote:

>Alex,
>
>On 3/24/06, Alex Heizer <alex at tekdevelopment.com> wrote:
>

>>Its features include: automatic pull from newsgroup, automatic post to
>>newsgroup from logged in users (as long as the user is signed up to post
>>on the mailing list), and an RSS feed for each forum, post and KB
>>article, ability to watch posts and threads, and for users to suggest
>>posts to be turned into KB articles. Lots of big companies are using
>>this, including:
>>Apple: http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa
>>Amazon: http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/index.jspa
>>BBC: http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/
>>Oracle: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/
>>HP: http://devresource.hp.com/forums/index.jspa
>>IBM: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/community/
>>

>To add to the list, the Sun runs the whole Java developer network
>using Jive as well.

We would be in very good company indeed! :)

>This is unbelievably AWESOME, Alex!!!!
>
>Let me simply say that this is by far the BEST thing ever happened to
>typo3.org in a very, very long time!

I hope so! I think the community can really benefit from all the
features a system like this has. Regardless of what we end up using
(some alternatives were suggested), having everyone's experience
available again will be a huge shot in the arm for TYPO3!

>Gazillion kudos to you and Michelle.

Thanks from both of us! :)

Alex