[TYPO3-UG US] Solution for mailinglist archive

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Mar 24 21:55:14 CET 2006

Hello,

This was posted this to the typo3-org mailing list, but wanted to make
sure everyone here's able to check it out.

KB article from one of the posts. It supports keyword searching for the
forum and KB simultaneously, advanced searches, plus multiple levels of
categories and subcategories for both the forum and KB so we can have a
forum for each mailing list.

Please take your time to check it out and let me know what your thoughts
are. The URL is: http://support.typo3.us:8080/jive/

I've created an admin user for anyone to log in and check out the
system. The username and password are: typo3/typo3

We'll host this as a gift for the T3 community, so any suggestions on
making this better for all will be greatly appreciated. It's very
stylable, so we'll make it fit in very nicely with the new CI!

Its features include: automatic pull from newsgroup, automatic post to
newsgroup from logged in users (as long as the user is signed up to post
on the mailing list), and an RSS feed for each forum, post and KB
article, ability to watch posts and threads, and for users to suggest
posts to be turned into KB articles. Lots of big companies are using
this, including:
Apple: http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa
Amazon: http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/index.jspa
BBC: http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/
Oracle: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/
HP: http://devresource.hp.com/forums/index.jspa
IBM: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/community/

It's normally a $18,950 (USD) application, but Jive Software is donating
it to us because T3's an open source project, and Jive is a big
supporter of open source (and has donated a lot of time to open source
projects).

Cheers!
Alex Heizer