[TYPO3-UG US] IT Manager's Journal | Dana Farber turns toTYPO3 and Enomaly for cancer-research site

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Mon Mar 13 14:47:24 CET 2006

Michelle,

On 3/13/06, Michelle Heizer <michelle at typo3.us> wrote:

> Alex's comment was professional and didn't resort to any name-calling or
> negative attitude.

Can I ask you and Alex for a favor - if you (and/or Alex) ever see my
name or my company's name (Advanced Computing Technologies, Inc.) in a
press release that has not enough "truth" to your liking, would you
please check with me first and post your professional comments online
later? You had a great idea yesterday that Reuven should've run this
article by you before publishing - I am just elaborating.

As to Alex's comment not being negative - if he added something
_positive_, like a link to typo3.org website or typo3 association, I
would believe you. Or a link to typo3.us website - wait wait - this
one is still where?

The problem here is not this particular post or Alex'es "fight for
truth" - think in terms of how likely a U.S. business is to associate
itself with TYPO3 in the future if members of TYPO3 community will
screw up their publicity efforts and TYPO3's "official point of
contact in US" will endorse this type of behaviour.

Whatever namecalling we resort to here in the list is not as important
- it's our internal thing. Having a unified voice in the media is much
more critical, and Alex'es post was not contributing to it. And if you
think this unified voice is going to happen by you reviewing and
endorsing ALL press releases in US - hate to break it to you, this is
not how it works.

Go on, tell us about "truth", and some mythical people complaining
about having incorrect information again. If you don't see any problem
there, I do see a problem with your judgement. I am done with this
discussion.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko