[TYPO3-UG US] Translation of the TYPO3 Cookbook

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Fri Jul 28 17:56:31 CEST 2006

Last April I sent an email to Oreilly asking if their German TYPO3
Cookbook (TYPO3 Kochbuch) was going to be translated in English.

Ten days later they answered there was not enough demand for such a book.

I think we all agree that an advanced TYPO3 book in English would be great!

May I suggest that you write your own email begging for a translation?

Here's some reference for the book:

Oreilly.de : http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/typo3ckbkger/
Amazon.de critics (4.5/5): http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/389721430X/

The Table of content translated with Google (funny but also informative
of the content):
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oreilly.de%2Fcatalog%2Ftypo3ckbkger%2Ftoc.html&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en

Email for Oreilly proposals:
proposals at oreilly.com

In few weeks I will write almost the same email as this one to the
English list (so the begging is continuous).

What do you think?

Patrick