[TYPO3-UG US] Server Filling Up With Magic Files?

John Schaub poimenjohn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 05:29:58 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am running TYPO3 3.8. I have been haveing a real problem with my server
disk storage filling up. My site has grown from about 500 MB to over 1000
MB, and I am nearly out of space.

Today I found that the base folder for TYPO3 has hundreds of 500KB files
that have names like: magic6l424H

These files have accumulated to over 200MB of space. The files date from
about the time that I started using RTEHTMLAREA.

I am ready to upgrade to TYPO3 4.0, but when I found all of these files, I
stopped.

How can I find out if these files are being used, and how can I reclaim some
of this space?

I will appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you.

John