[TYPO3-UG US] any recommendations for a dedicated hosting provider?

Floyd Arguello floyd at icommnetwork.com
Fri Jan 13 08:58:53 CET 2006

Just had a terrible experience with one, and looking for another; hoping
for some good recommendations.

Requirements:
Willing and ABLE to do a custom FreeBSD install
Good customer service/support
Cost effective - doesn't mean "cheap" - I'll pay for quality
Excellent infrastructure
Willing to host adult sites
**No resellers**
P4, 2GB RAM, 100+ GB HD, RAID, lots of bandwidth, remote boot
PROFESSIONAL - some people make excuses, others make things happen; and
I'm looking for the latter.

I paid this provider for a custom partition, source update, and kernel
config, and even provided directions; but all they could complete was
the partition, and led me to believe that they updated the source and
ports. So I configured and compiled the kernel, then discovered that the
source wasn't updated. Did all that, recompiled the kernel, and sent a
message politely expressing my disappointment. Seriously, I was far more
polite than I should have been - I subscribe to the whole "complain
about the food at McD's and be prepared to eat spit-burger" theory -
call me a cynic. Now my account is disabled, so I've wasted several
hours and am out a few hundred dollars. I'd rather not relive that
experience.

Ok, cut me off at the bar, I've had enough whine...

Please let me know if you know of a good, reliable company. Please don't
suggest A+ Hosting or Premianet (like I said, would rather not relive
that experience).

Rgds,
Floyd