[TYPO3-UG US] Newsletter Mailing Tools for Typo3

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Tue Apr 11 13:37:21 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

On 4/11/06, Michael Cannon <michael at cannonbose.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in what tools and systems do folks use for mailing
> newsletters? Are they integrated with Typo3?
>
> I have some clients sending 2,000 to 9,000 emails via dmail and
> others pushing 40,000 via CoolerEmail.

We started with dmail for a couple of clients (both around 1500 - 2000
emails per campaign) but we have found the usability so poor we ended
up taking our custom module originally written for MDPro and adapting
it.

At one time I was looking at integrating with ConstantContact (which
seems to be everyone's favorite around here) but there seems to be no
easy/feasible way to do it. Price-wise I think I would seriously
consider 1&1's newsletter tool
(http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/HostingOverview;jsessionid=819925142C967EF4636D8000F43E8575.TC60a?__frame=_top&__lf=Static)
since it's $10/mo. + $1/1000 emails over 1000, and you get pretty much
the same stuff ConstantContact gives you, in a different wrapper.

Would be interested to hear what you end up doing with the client with
40K addresses.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko