[TYPO3-UG US] Documentation team update

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Mon Oct 24 03:24:11 CEST 2005

Hello,

virgil huston wrote:

>One thing I think we need to do is provide all the manuals in pdf
>format, as an option. Now, they are only available in OO and,
>unfortunately, very few people use OO and everybody has Acrobat
>Reader. Many people, like me, like to download the entire manual for
>printing, etc. Creating pdf versions isn't really a big deal.

Good point.

This is one major reason why I want to avoid using the wiki as a
documentation repository. TYPO3 can be set up to automatically pull an
OO document directly into the site (this is how the entire extension
manual section on t3.org works), and also create PDFs automatically.
This is also why it's important that the docs follow the same outline
structure, so that the documentation matrix can automatically create
each page from the OO doc. By making OO docs as the default, two major
steps can be eliminated in our workflow, saving us lots of time. Most
manuals on t3.org in the documentation matrix are available in PDF
format, so we just need to make sure they're all getting generated.

Alex