[TYPO3-UG US] Wiki

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Thu Oct 20 08:49:25 CEST 2005

Hi Greg,

Gregory Remington wrote:

>requirements? The more time management we have the better :)
>
>Are we talking about a 2 hour/week commitment? 4 hour? 1 day? A task
>break down of what needs to be done and maintained will help us a lot.
>
>Greg
>
> Very interested. Can we first tally up what needs to be done and time

That would be determined by the needs of the job. For example,
coordinating the US doc team takes me between 3-6 hours a day, but
that's set by the needs of the task and the people on the team. Other
jobs will require different amounts of time to keep the project working
the way it's supposed to, and the amount of time each team member will
need to spend depends on the number of team members and their skills.
Scheduling tasks and time commitments is part of the team leader's
responsibilities, so the wiki team leader should probably have some
experience with maintaining a wiki so they can anticipate some of the
things that are going to need to be done. The impression I got from
people maintaining the typo3 wiki is that it's something that needs to
be constantly monitored, since anyone can post at any time. It was even
recommended that you grab the RSS feed so you can instantly tell what's
been updated each day and either delete or approve it. But making a task
list and delegating time commitments is something the team leader is
going to have to determine.

Has anyone on the list maintained an active (busy) wiki that can give a
quick estimate of the time that a team might need to spend?

Alex