[TYPO3-UG US] [For review] TYPO3.us Logo Mockup

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Tue Oct 18 23:12:19 CEST 2005

Hi Rasmus,

I am writing to you in regards to the TYPO3.us logo that Reuven
designed. I wanted to let you know a bit about the project we have
started since it appears to be some miscommunication with the
Association's design team and I apologize for not providing you with
more details.

Basically, we have started a project to build a United States portal at
http://typo3.us to begin marketing TYPO3 to the States. This effort is
part of the global marketing plan of the Association.

We have begun to work on a design and identity for this project. The
idea is that we stay within TYPO3's brand but add an American flavor to
the design to stay competitive in this market. I also wanted the design
group to use the new CI since it will take awhile to build the site and
I didn't want us to have to waste too much time redoing the design.

Let me clarify that I had asked the design team to create a design with
the intent of showing it to you and the Association for approval before
going "live" with the site. Right now, we are only in the idea and
mockup stage of the project. While I really like Reuven's logo because
it seemed to meet the needs of the project as well as our market, we
will not use it if it doesn't meet your approval.

My suggestion is that we go ahead and let the US design team come up
with a design for the site and logo without too much feedback, and then
present it to you and your group for final approval, comments and
suggestions. That should, hopefully, make everything easier and allow
the group a little creative freedom. ;)

Thanks, Rasmus, for keeping control of the identity. We definitely don't
want to make your job any harder.

Regards,

Michelle

P.S. I'm cc'ing the US mailing list on this letter as well so they can
keep up-to-date.