[TYPO3-UG US] Call for Volunteers

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Tue Oct 18 05:45:25 CEST 2005

Elmar Hinz wrote:

>> Sorry, I don't understand. GPL is a license that specifically deals
>> with copyrights and I don't see any problems there if we get the
>> permission to release it under GPL from the copyrights owner (the
>> nonprofit).

The GPL license pertains to code not images per say. Images apparently
can be separated from code under different licensing terms like found in
traditional copyright or http://creativecommons.org

> Imagine the red cross or greenpeace should set their logos under GPL for
> everybody to use. That wouldn't really fit. They need it as individual
> logos for their organisation.

And that is why TYPO3 is trademarked as a logo and name. These things
are not code but different other separate forms of intellectual property.

> Why not use typo3.us / us.typo3.org themself as the exampel installation?

That's one way of killing 2 birds with one stone. Very efficient ;)

Regards,
Greg