[TYPO3-UG US] Next Steps

Michelle Heizer michelle at typo3.us
Tue Oct 18 05:41:26 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I had a problem with my email, so if you emailed me during the past few
days, I'm just now getting those emails. I apologize for the
inconvenience but will get back to everyone ASAP.

I'm getting quite a few volunteers now. Thanks to all that have emailed
with their show of support. We always need volunteers so please don't
hesitate to email me. Even if it's an hour a month, we can use it. ;)

Next steps:

1. Survey: Wednesday, Oct. 19
Not only will this provide you with a place to add your thoughts and
opinions, but it will serve as a baseline for when we do the survey
again next year. I'd like to see how much we grow and if our
demographics change over the year. The survey will be closed Oct. 26.

2. Overview of Project and List of Teams and their Projects posted on
TYPO3.us: Friday, Oct. 21

3. Forum on TYPO3.us: Friday, Oct. 21
We will have a place on the forum for each project so members can have a
place to share information.

4. Backend editors created for project members on TYPO3.us: Oct. 24
We will begin to add backend members into the site so that members of
the project can post their roadmap, goals, progress and files.

5. Survey Results and Refinements/Additions to the Project: Oct. 28
By this time, we should have our teams settled and our project structure
in place.

As far as the teams, I'm inclined to let them work out a way to organize
their own project so that they can decide what works best for them, but
offer my help in getting them the resources they need. The only thing
I'll ask is that each team supplies information on their progress. That
way we can feature it in the "support" section of the site and also have
it available for press releases and to send in a report to the
Association. We want to showcase you and your work as much as TYPO3 as a
product.

Regards,

Michelle