[TYPO3-UG US] Partner section and TYPO3.us

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sun Oct 16 06:31:19 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:

 > This group was created to market TYPO3 in the US, not to develop TYPO3.

Enough said. I have bills to pay ;)

 > I'm in agreement and I think this is the general consensus. Like I said,
 > I do not want to create a separate Association, but make the current
 > Association even stronger by gaining more members via TYPO3.us.

Yes, and customers.

 > This way our "partners" would also be Association
 > members and that way we would remain part of a global unified group; we
 > would be providing the Association with more money for core development
 > and international marketing; we could offer "regional benefits" to our
 > Association members; and we wouldn't have to create a separate legal
 > entity.

Can you pleeeeeease put that into our group business plan? Very well put :)

 > goal is to spread TYPO3 to the US. To accomplish this goal, we are
 > offering a level of marketing and support directed to a specific
 > community that will ultimately feed itself back into the main project.
 > This is a subgroup of the main efforts and it is my hope, as a member of
 > the international marketing team, to be a conduit between the two
 > groups. In the future, as we gain more people, we may need to reorganize
 > again, but let's worry about that when the time comes.

I'm just responding here to CC this to my main email.... thanks!

 > So for now, let's table the talk about the "partner" section until we
 > hear back from Daniel and the Association.

Should we set up a forum for this? The newsgroup is getting a little
cluttered. I'm not sure if I could locate this thread 3 months from now
if my life depended on it ;)

cheers,
Greg