[TYPO3-UG US] Support Section and TYPO3.us

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Sun Oct 16 06:05:50 CEST 2005

Gabriel Anast wrote:

> I am *not* saying
> that there cannot also be a typo3.us, but that typo3.us should be more
> of a user group, not a sanctioned part of Typo3...

We can also focus on a particular vertical market set for typo3.us. That
may be more profitable than competing with existing documentation and
core development issues. Since we have typo3.com/org for  general market
branding we can focus on marketing  typo3.us to specific markets using
SEO and selective networking.

For instance mediatech.net's vertical market is "typo3 templates" and
that's how I position it for SEO in general. The tutorials I create add
to add keyword density and are also useful to help new adopters become
clients.

Top SEO positions for specific keyword phrases are critical for
marketing exposure and can be very useful for acquiring funding and
sponsorship. For instance mediatech currently sponsors chc_forum. Why?
Because I need a  good integrated forum solution for customer support.

There are many ways to market and “sell” TYPO3 to economically serve us
besides those found in the IT market. IT is critical but a very over
saturated market generally speaking ;)

best,
Greg