[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Duffy, Chris Chris.Duffy at nhmccd.edu
Thu Oct 13 22:35:28 CEST 2005

Hello!

I am in a situation similar to Virgil. I am the web developer for the
Distance Learning Department at a Community College District with 45,000
students. We began using Typo3 9 months ago. (It was not my idea.) It
has been difficult to figure out using the online documentation. I
recently bought the book, which helped. But the "softlinks" mentioned in
the book that I have tried do not work yet.

In addition, I have a side business designing/maintaining websites. My
hosing service has Fantastico so I have installed Typo3 on several of
these domains. I am hopeful that I will figure out how to use everything
because of how far I have come since purchasing the book. I am beginning
to like it. :-)

I would like to see a forum of some kind where users/developers can work
thru problems or offer support. I use PHP on some of my sites and there
is a lot of support forums for PHP. I can search for PHP + my problem or
error number and I receive many pages of potentially helpful
information.

I realize that this thread is supposed to be about Marketing, not
support. But Virgil's post prompted my reply.

Regards,
Chris Duffy
Houston, Texas