[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Thu Oct 13 15:36:03 CEST 2005

Dennis,

On 10/13/05, Dennis Shewmaker <dshewmaker at promission.net> wrote:

> > Are you using the native RTE or HTMLArea?
> > http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/rtehtmlarea/
>
> The native RTE.  I looked at the first version of the new extension and
> decided on waiting before making the change.
>
> Does anyone know how this is working out?

It's working out great. I have htmlArea RTE as a standard in all 3.8
sites. HIGHLY recommended. An hour or so to configure it to work
properly, but then you have spellchecker and proper tables formatting
etc. You'd need to tweak your Apache config a bit for it to load
quicker, but 1-2 sec. waiting time while it loads are definitely worth
the features.

Also, creating a WYSIWYG editor is easier cause you can just apply the
FE css stylesheets to whatever happens in the editor. Works out quite
nicely for me.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko