[TYPO3-UG US] greetings

Gregory Remington greg at mediatech.net
Thu Oct 13 08:25:10 CEST 2005

Michael Cannon wrote:

> Most of my clients are print publishers, event organizers, politicians,
> or brochureware folks. They've been pretty happy with Typo3 and like how
> they have control of their website. I met up with Ruv at Tycon3 and want
> to get going on a North American marketing push.

Great to finally meet you. Mind me asking what you used for
bpminstitute.org/articles.html to list "current articles"? Nice work.

You list some good markets for TYPO3. There's a marketing thread started
by Michelle that could use some closure. So far we've discussed
isolating vertical markets best suited for TYPO3 and pairing them off
with developers and IT consultancies in a manner that benefits TYPO3 and
extension sponsorship.

A transparent business plan and marketing strategy could be very useful.
A business model that is essentially open source by nature to be
redistributed to and by others later. The "cooperative" business model
may be a good place to start as it in some ways closely represents the
purpose of the open source community.

We'll need a wiki if this appeals to anyone ;)

Cheers,
Greg