[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Thu Oct 13 01:26:44 CEST 2005

Hello Michelle,

On 10/11/05, Michelle Heizer <michelle at typo3.us> wrote:

> > And I don't think you TYPO3 can compete in this market without it.
> > Realtors (let's say, _Georgia_ realtors ;) are typically not very
> > computer savvy and most of them will not go for updating their
> > listings in MLS AND the website. Most of them are even too lazy/cheap
> > to subscribe to 2 MLS systems where the markets overlap (Atlanta metro
> > has Georgia MLS and First MLS).
>
> Unfortunately, this is what I've found in Missouri as well. We actually
> started a large real estate extension, but put it on hold for that
> reason. Most realtors here use the same place for entering their
> listings. The only good thing is that for a small fee, we can link to
> only a particular agent's set of listings and wrap the template around
> the search engine, while giving them a simple T3 site that they can
> update. There is a big need in Missouri for individual agent's websites
> where they would like to separate themselves from their agency with
> their own "look" and information. Have you found that to be the case in
> your area?

Yes, they'll all tell you that they desperately need that, until they
realize they actually would have to pay something for it and (OMG!!!)
update it themselves;)))

I don't know the situation elsewhere, but in metro ATL the majority of
Realtors are part-time. The ones for whom it's a full time job are
typically either head brokers or administrators in a larger shop. Big
shops like this are already covered either by stuff their MLS,
realtor.com or their franchise offer them. For small ones, see above;)

I think with Dennis'es input on the situation in Idaho we can consider
the real estate question closed.

--
Dimitri Tarassenko