[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:33:38 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:

> I'm actually thinking of how we can promote this project. A big emphasis
> of TYPO3's new "brand" is about sharing and I had put in the marketing
> plan a section about "Community Volunteer Efforts". I thought if we
> could have a place where developers and consultancies could donate some
> of their work for free to nonprofit organizations, we could enforce the
> T3 brand, showcase what T3 could do, help build a stronger alliance with
> each other and, more importantly, bring T3 to organizations that
> normally couldn't afford such an advanced website, but that could really
> use it. I think your project should be showcased on the TYPO3.us site
> (if you don't mind, that is :) )

We're always up for a little free publicity so feel free to showcase
away ;)

> Agreed. Also, since many churches do not have people with the technical
> skills to create a website, we could gain from learning what problems
> editors have when using the system. Alternatively, we could gain from
> getting some testimonials from editors where they found the system easy
> to use and what they liked about it. Normally, we just hear that "TYPO3
> is hard" from a developer, but we seem to be missing real testimonials
> from the end users (content editors). Would you have access to something
> like that?

I think we'll definitely have that sort of information.  On the
webempoweredchurch.com site, we have an end-user community that is
intended to be less technical than Typo3.English.  The type of questions
that are asked here repeatedly should give good insight into what
problems the end user runs into.  We may also have the ability to get
user feedback through questionnaires or usability testing.

We also have plans to work on end-user documentation and tutorials as
well, which should be available to anyone in the TYPO3 community.

Thanks for your interest!  I can see our work and TYPO3.us complimenting
each other nicely :)

Thanks,
Jeff