[TYPO3-UG US] US Marketing Plan

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:44:24 CEST 2005

Michelle Heizer wrote:
> I was curious about the funding for your project. Am I reading it
> correctly that these packages are offered for free so a church would
> only need to pay for hosting?

You're correct that the packages are free, with hosting being the only
cost.  We're funded by a ministry of the United Methodist Church called
the Foundation For Evangelism but we're trying to target all churchers
and ministries, regardless of denomination.

The other thing to note is that we're not in the business of making
TYPO3 sites (so we're not taking work from all the great TYPO3
freelancers and doing it for free :) ).  Our primary focus is extension
development, but we felt like a packaged install was important enough
for novice users trying to get off the ground that we invested our time
in that.  This package includes default content, extensions, templates,
and Typoscript configuration.

Over time, I see churches starting with our system for their base
install and, much like in the larger TYPO3 community, relying on
freelancers for templates, configuration, and extensions specific to
their needs.

Thanks,
Jeff