[TYPO3-UG US] New to Typo - need some direction.

Equivity equivity at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 21:10:05 CEST 2005

Hi all, I have been lurking in the mail list for a few weeks, just trying to get a feel for things with typo. I own and operate an
Internet Hosting and Design business. And for a long time I have been reviewing, researching and trying to find a CMS system for my
business/personal use, as well as one I can offer to customers of mine. I have always been intrigued with typo, and felt it might be
much more than I wanted to get into. It seems to be a complex system. I am not a programmer; I am basically a simple html coder with
strong visual design skills. So I am ultimately trying to find a CMS system which is easy to manipulate the look and feel of the
site. A way that typo can be easily changed or altered without there being a long drawn out, difficult process. Something where I
can create "skin" or templates for, that I can easily offer to customers, and have a completed site up and operational for them in a
short period of time.

I have spent some time going through the typo site(s) and there is just a plethora of information, yet I can not seem to find
simple, easy to understand instructions on 1) how to get a basic site up and running. (I installed typo without to much of a
problem, yet could not figure out how to get the main page of the site working). 2) Simple instructions on how to alter, create, or
change the layout and design of the website and how to fit typo into an existing site.

I am putting together a new site (www.planethttp.com/main/) and would love to figure out how to get typo integrated into my current
design.

Any help, or if you can point me in a certain direction to find some help on this I would appreciate it.

Chris