[TYPO3-UG US] Outline of "Learning TYPO3" documentation

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 02:21:44 CET 2005

Outline of "Learning TYPO3" documentation. Comments and suggestions
welcome.  I tried posting this to the test.typo3.us forum, but it
would not hold my login.

Virgil

Manual 1. Installation and Configuration (separate manual without
upgrade section)

a. Will cover the basic installation process, along with configuration
and explanation of what is going on in the process (better explanation
of database setup, ImageMajik, etc.)

b. will have operating system specific pages/sections (will need
volunteers to write on specific OS, I can do Fedora)

c. the existing manuals will be used heavily, but updated and expanded

Manual 2. Learning TYPO3 (from a number of manuals, updated,
rewritten, and expanded)

Section a. General principles
1. Backend and frontend
2. Pagetree
3. Special pages
4. Pages and Page content
5. Backend modules

Section b. Templates (combination of MTB and GoLive tutorials)

Section c. Implementing extensions (will be a section on each
extension in the package, as well as an explanation of what extensions
are and how to use the Extension Manager). Note that each extension
section will also be a separate manual.

Section d. Where to go from here - an explanation of the documentation
structure, support forums, and where to find consultancies to provide
TYPO3 services