[TYPO3-UG US] New Design for TYPO3.us

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 23:37:35 CET 2005

Here are my concrete suggestions:

Go with Reuven's basis design, but go to two rather than three columns
and take out some of the clutter. Going to two columns may take care
of the clutter. The competition's web sites should be looked at for
ideas, as well.

Someone said the site should look like a CMS. I disagree. It should
absolutely not look like a CMS. That is the problem with many CMS
sites, they have that stylized look that screams "this is a CMS, there
is minimal design flexibility." This makes it look low end.

There should be a gallery that shows screenshots of websites showing
off TYPO3's design capabilities, from the "CMS look" to the whiz bang
unusable flash type site. Something for everyone. We could have a
gallery pick of the week on the main page.

My 2 cents.

Virgil