[TYPO3-UG US] Project Content: be the first on your block to adopt a page

Jennifer Lynch jennifer at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Nov 4 16:35:36 CET 2005

Thanks for agreeing to help with the Solutions section, Greg!  It seems to
me that if we follow the architecture, the top levels reflect the vertical
markets and the lower ones, the horizontal ones.  Thus, as I said before, if
folks just pick the higher pages first, we'll end up doing the most
important pages first, allowing us to fill in the horizontal markets as we
get the content in.

A blank page can be daunting, but if we remember that we're going for clear,
concise information, and get the main ideas clearly stated for each page, it
won't be as big a deal as if we were writing academic papers for each page.
The format for the solutions landing pages and case studies (found on the
Roadmap) make the task even simpler.

Also, if we identify the extensions relevant to each Solution, linking the
extensions for each to the content for the extensions in other parts of the
site, we'll have the most useful, and most used, extensions covered without
having to do an extended analysis of ALL the extensions in favor of doing
those linked to the solutions and uses first.  If you take a look at the
Solutions landing page example for "Education" (The format for each page can
be found here:
http://test.typo3.us/fileadmin/typo3us/template/architecture/educationsoluti
on.pdf ) you¹ll see the specific extensions that could be useful for that
market listed.)  Those can be linked to the extension documentation in the
other part of the site.  As for the markets we¹re targeting, look at:
http://test.typo3.us/fileadmin/typo3us/template/architecture/TYPO3_US.doc

Now, who else is ready to jump into this effort?  We can get this site done
if we all participate...

Jennifer