[TYPO3-UG US] TYPO3 Discussion Board

Jan Wiegelmann jan.wiegelmann at gmx.net
Tue Dec 20 16:03:40 CET 2005

Reuven Cohen, Enomaly schrieb:
> I wouldn't advertise you're using PHPbb unless of course you wanted to get
> hacked.
>
> I would be very careful using phpbb, it a real piece of sh-t.
>
> reuven

I'm free of all prejudices. phpBB is pretty much just as safe as any
other boards.

There is a level of "hackability" with any open-source software, as
anyone has access to the full source code, and therefore the ability to
find flaws and loopholes in it. The phpbb development team keeps pretty
current and addresses security holes fairly quickly.

Cheers Jan