[TYPO3-UG US] Still no End-User manual in english

Dom Stockdale dom at magic-lamp.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 11:59:22 CET 2005

Patrick Gaumond wrote:
> Just wanted to point out that the "Handbuch für Redakteure" was never
> published in english.
>
> I've seen a version more than a year ago (think that it was Dominic
> Stockdale) that was supposed to proofread it...
>
> That would be a nice project for this group.
>
> It's *almost* funny to think that Deutsch and french(!) version of this
> exists but not the english one...
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/Matrix/
>

> Patrick

Hey désolé Patrick, I was working ridiculous hours at the time. I did
pass it on to 2 different junior developers but they both ducked
actually doing it. I can't remember what happened to the text, what I do
remember is that it wasn't exactly a great work the first 5 pages or so
were devoted to how to set up Internet Explorer to use TYPO3??.

I think the world is better off without a version of that in English and
it grows increasing out of date. I've worked with a crew who had someone
spend 3 weeks on producing some really fantastic documentation, pithy
and readable. Trouble with commercial crews like that is they aren't
very into sharing, I didn't even get a copy myself and my suggestion of
sharing it just got me strange looks of disbelief.

- Dom